Friday, April 12, 2013

Re-Intro

So here's the thing.  When I started this blog way back in 2008 it was for a school project.  It was a journalism class and we were all required to start a blog and write about issues we wanted to and get a conversation going and so on and so forth.

But I honestly, I'd rather just talk about whatever pops into my head; like random thoughts, and shit my girlfriend does.

So to get things a rollin', this is what has popped into my head today:

When I was a teenger, growing up Roman Catholic (but recovering), I remember a priest explaining to me that being homosexual was considered a handicap, if you will.  Something akin to being born deaf, dum, blind, etc.  That our eyes are meant to see, our lips meant to speak, our ears to hear; that we were born to be attracted to the opposite sex for procreation and furthering the species.  Well, this all makes sense to me.

However, I can also see how being referred to as "unnatural" (so to speak) might be just the teensiest bit insulting.  This priest wasn't saying anything about not loving anyone who was homosexual or preaching anything against it, he was just explaining to us group of teenage girls the Catholic stance on homosexuality.  I bring this all up because I was reminded of it with this article, which somehow to me seemed to hold the same sentiment.

Of course, that scientist is making (to quote the article) quack claims, and the Catholic church has a thing about sheltering child molesters, so...

No comments: